Whether you’re an experienced realtor or a new agent just starting out, you’ve heard of the incredible results some realtors are achieving with their email newsletters. You know email newsletters are a cost-effective way of keeping your agency “top of mind,” and they are unparalleled at generating the personal referrals that are the key to real estate success. This kind of generalized knowledge doesn’t tell you what you really need to know, though. What you need to know is how to write exciting emails. You need to create fascinating emails that clients will look forward to getting and can’t wait to read. You need to know how to write killer emails that will engage your real estate clients so they recommend you to their friends. Fortunately, it’s easier than you think. Follow these tips and in just five easy steps you’ll be on your way to becoming a real estate email marketing pro! How to Write Killer Emails That Engage Real Estate Clients
- Segment Your Contacts and Target Your Info
Real estate buyers and sellers have very different interests; so do condo seekers and those searching for family homes. Creating a real estate email newsletter that appeals to everyone is impossible. You will end up watering down your message until you have a generic document that does not offer value to anyone. Instead, separate your contacts by interests and demographics (home buyers and sellers, family size, price, etc.). Create several versions of your emails, each with content that is specifically targeted to benefit a single segment of your contact list.
- Grab Attention with a Great Subject Line
The subject line is the “Do or die” stage of your email, so make it count! A generic subject or soft sell like “Some great properties in your area” is not going to get customers to open your email. You should aim for short subject lines that promise valuable information. Give recipients an imperative reason to open your email, something along these lines:
- 5 Things You Must Check Before Buying a House
- Want to know what homes in your neighborhood are selling for?
- Marketing Mistakes that Can Lower Your Selling Price
- 10 Quick Fixes To Raise Your Home’s Value
- Provide Valuable Information That Packs a Punch
To make your email newsletter an eagerly awaited event, you need to fill it with relevant content related to the real estate issues that your subscribers are facing. There is so much information that real estate clients need to know that this should be easy for you to do. As long as you arrange the information in a different format, you can incorporate material you have provided on your real estate website or blog as part of your interactive real estate marketing strategies, such as:
- Market Statistics – provide your subscribers with information on local homes sold each month, median prices, etc. along with local and national market trends, all in an easy-to-read format
- Home Buyer / Seller Tips – include checklists, staging tips, questions to ask, and features to look for
- Moving Tips –provide information to make the moving process a little easier, from packing to storage, transportation, and more
- FAQs – provide a question and answer on every month’s newsletter
- Mortgage Information – tips on obtaining the best rate, types of mortgages, lender profiles, etc.
- Pull Viewers’ Focus with Eye-Catching Photos
Make your emails a visual treat by including some gorgeous shots of your featured listings in your email newsletters. Feature a different property or theme each month that fits with the written content in your email. Include breathtakingly beautiful sunset scenes from the decks of two of your waterfront listings, or give viewers a birds-eye view of the bustling cityscape from the balcony of a penthouse listing. Just remember not to overwhelm your subscribers – only include one or two photos per email.
- Engage Clients with Calls to Actions That Convert
Always include a call to action to engage your audience. This is the critical step where you actually generate real estate leads with killer emails. Calls to action can range from checking out the latest blog post on your real estate website to viewing your showcase properties – the important thing is to engage recipients’ interest and get them interacting with your real estate agency. Include your call to action in various forms throughout your email, finishing up with a definitive statement to get readers motivated!
- Check out my newest post for 10 essential house hunting tips!
- Come find paradise at your new waterfront home!
- Meet me at the Open House you can’t afford to miss!
Now that you understand how to write killer emails that engage real estate clients, it’s time to start marketing! If you would like help implementing any part of your real estate marketing plan, For Sale Marketing is here to help with professional email writing services, responsive real estate website design, social marketing services, branding packages, and more.
Contact us at For Sale Marketing today at 954-779-2801 for more killer real estate marketing ideas along with comprehensive marketing support to ensure your agency’s success!